Reglan Lawsuit Lawyer
Reglan (generic: metoclopramide) has been linked to several severe side effects that include tardive dyskinesia – involuntary movements, facial tics, facial grimacing, tongue protrusion – and Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), among others. Tardive dyskinesia is a common Reglan “side effect,” and it has no cure.
Generic Drug Victims denied Justice
Please note: Matthews & Associates is, unfortunately, no longer accepting Reglan/Metoclopramide cases.
What is Reglan?
Reglan comes in many types of doses, including tablet, injectable and liquid forms. Reglan is a medication used to treat a variety of gastrointestinal disorders that include:
- gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD),
- diabetic gastroparesis,
- hyperemesis gravidarum,
- heartburn,and more.
- contains the active ingredient metoclopramide
- is the brand name of the generic metoclopramide
- was originally approved in June, 1985
- is manufactured by Avalon Pharmaceutical
- is approved for the use of treating heartburn and esophagitis caused by GERD and for treating patients diagnosed with gastroparesis
Tardive Dyskinesia Defined
Tardive dyskinesia (TD) is a neurological disorder that can sometimes manifest in long-term users of neuroleptic drugs. TD symptoms include involuntary, repetitive, purposeless movements such as –
- Tremors (restless muscle movements) in the eyes, jaw, neck, etc.
- rapid, involuntary movements of the extremities,
- rapid eye blinking,
- tongue protrusion,
- lip smacking, pursing and puckering
- and more
Less Serious Side Effects of Reglan
- nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- feelings of restlessness, drowsiness, and/or dizziness
- changes in menstrual periods
- and more
Reglan FDA Warnings
Since February 2009, the FDA has required that a “black box warning” be placed on any package containing metoclopramide, the active ingredient in Reglan. According to this FDA warning, the use of metoclopramide can cause tardive dyskinesia.
Read more about the Reglan FDA Warning here.
Off –label Uses of Reglan:
Despite severe side effects related to the use of Reglan, many users take the drug to —
- stimulate breast milk production
- treat nausea and vomiting due to migraines
- treat morning sickness
• Reglan Lawsuit